INDIAN INSTITUTES OF MANAGEMENT (IIMs) Ahmadabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Jammu , Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur, Visakhapatnam CAT 2019.
The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct a computer based Common Admission Test 2019 on November 24, 2019 in two sessions. Detailed information on CAT 2019 may be obtained from the CAT website. CAT website: www.iimcat.ac.in .
IMPORTANT DATES FOR CAT 2019
- AUG 7 , 2019 , WEDNESDAY – REGISTRATION STARTS AT 10:00 AM
- SEP 18 , 2019 , WEDNESDAY – REGISTRATION ENDS AT 5:00 PM
- OCT 23 , 2019 , WEDNESDAY – ADMIT CARD DOWNLOAD BEGINS AT 5:00 PM
- NOV 24 , 2019 , SUNDAY – CAT TEST DAY
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) categories]
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree or are awaiting results can also apply.
- IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.iimcat.ac.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfilment of the minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by IIMs. Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
IIMs shortlist candidates for the interview stage based on their own criteria, which may be independent of each other. The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in the CAT examination is an important component in the admission process. The processes, academic cut-offs and the weights allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across IIMs. For more information, refer to the admissions policies of individual IIMs on their respective websites.
CAT 2019 TEST FEES
A General/EWS/NC-OBC candidate will be charged Rs. 1900 . While an SC/ST/PwD candidate will be charged Rs. 950 to appear for CAT 2019.
CAT 2019 SYLLABUS
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension – Verbal reasoning, antonyms and synonyms, analogies and reverse analogies, sentence correction, facts inference judgments, critical reasoning, fill in the blanks, syllogism, summary questions, passage-based question
- Data Interpretation And Logical Reasoning – Area graph, Venn diagram, Line and Pie Charts, Column and Bar graphs, Caselets and Tables Number and letter series, Syllogism, Clocks, calendars and cubes, Directions, Blood relations, Binary Logic, Coding-decoding, Logical sequence, Matrix, and linear arrangement
- Quantitative Ability – Number system, Geometry, Algebra, Permutation and Combination, Mixtures and Allegations, Ratio & Proportion, Logarithm, Time & Work, Functions, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, and Mensuration